Phrases for Taking a Taxi
Dialogues in taxi
Useful taxi phrases
- the city = the city please
- the Hilton Hotel
- Kreschatick Street
- the Pinchuck art gallery
- the central bus station
- St. Catherine’s church
- such and such cinema
- such and such hotel
- the main library
- such and such museum
- the park
- a petrol station, service station, gas station
- such and such restaurant
- shopping centre
- Independence square
- the opera
- the train station, railway station
Other useful Phrases
- Welcome to the city. Where to?
- To the Dnipro Hotel.
- Right away. What brings you to the city?
- I’m here on business, but I hope to have some time for sightseeing, too.
- You should be sure to see the big festival on Kruschetick Street this week.
- Okay, thanks for the tip. Are there any other things I should do while I’m here?
- Don’t miss the new art exhibit at the Central Museum. I’ve heard it’s very good.
- Thanks, that’s a big help.
- Here we are, the DniproHotel. The fare is Hr. 45.
- Here’s Hr. 50. Keep the change.
- Thanks! I hope you have an enjoyable stay here.
If you are somewhere and need a taxi.
Do you have a taxi number?
Ordering a taxi
I’d like a taxi, please.
Sorry, there are none available at the moment.
Where are you? What is the address?
I’m at a Pizza restaurant on № ….. Sahaidachnogo str.
I am at the train station.
I am at the corner of Vladimirskaya and Sophiska Streets.
Could I take your name please.
Could I take your phone number please?
Where would you like to go?
Artema street number 54.
How long will I have to wait?
You will have a taxi in 15 minutes.
In the taxi
How long will the journey take?
Do you mind if I open the window?
Do you mind if I close the window?
Do you mind if I smoke?
Are we almost there?
How much is it?
Have you got anything smaller?
That’s fine, keep the change.
Would you like a receipt?
Could I have a receipt, please?
Could you pick me up at 6 p.m.?
Could you wait for me here please?